Part of your obligation as a Tenant is to ensure that the property is handed back to the agency in the same condition that it was originally leased to you, taking into account fair wear and tear that will have occurred during the course of your tenancy.
With this in mind, we have put together this information guide to provide you with some valuable assistance when you are preparing your property for the final inspection.
- Clean all windows paying particular attention to the tracks and ledges.
- Mop all polished board and tiled surfaces using the specified cleaning products, including skirting boards.
- Vacuum all carpets thoroughly. If it is a term of your lease, you must arrange to have all carpets professionally shampooed by a professional cleaning company. Provide a receipt to your property manager.
- All curtains, blinds and window furnishings are to be cleaned. if the curtains require professional dry cleaning, then arrange to have this done. Ensure that all blinds and furnishings are cleaned according to the instructions provided at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Clean oven and griller/cooktop paying special attention to any areas which have baked on grease and grime, using special oven grade cleaners and oven glass cleaners.
- Ensure that all trays and racks provided with the oven and griller/cooktop are cleaned and placed back into place.
- Clean surfaces on hotplates paying particular attention to any trays and rings surrounding the burners.
- Empty all cupboards and wipe out internal and external surfaces thoroughly.
- Clean the dishwasher (if applicable) with specific dish-washing cleaners, and ensure that the dishwasher is left ajar slightly to allow for the unit to air properly.
- Mop over kitchen tiles and floor surfaces paying attention to the kick boards and skirting board edges.
- Remove and clean any exhaust fans or exhaust units above the stove, ensuring that all dust, grease and grime have been removed.
- Clean all shower recesses and glass surfaces, paying special attention to any tracks and tiled areas; remove all traces of soap scum and leave surfaces clean.
- Wipe out bath area and all surrounding tiled areas, ensuring that any mould or other grime is removed.
- Clean out vanity and wipe all internal and external surfaces, including drawers and under sink areas.
- Wipe over all mirrored surfaces using specialised glass cleaners.
- Ensure that the toilet bowl both internally and externally is cleaned and mop all the tiled floor areas surrounding the toilet.
- Mop over all tiled areas and surrounding splash backs using a specialised floor surface cleaner.
NB. Do not use harsh scourers or other cleaning products that may damage or scratch any surfaces.
- Sweep and clean all verandah and paths around the property, including any balconies or patios.
- Remove all cobwebs from external surfaces and around the property.
- Mow any lawns and trim any edges required.
- Weed all garden beds and planted areas removing any weeds and rubbish.
- Place wheelie bins and recycling bins out for collection and ensure that they have been cleaned out.
- Clean the exterior of any low windows particularly where pets have been present.
- Clean any BBQ areas or external entertaining areas.
If required by your lease, arrange for a professional pest exterminator to spray both the internal and external areas through the property for ticks and fleas. Ensure that you retain a copy of this paid account for the bond refund process.
Please ensure that you retain all statements and invoices from professional cleaning companies as you will be required to give a copy, prior to the bond being released.
Please remember to arrange to have your mail redirected to your new address, as it is not the responsibility of the agency or the new tenant to arrange to forward your mail to you